Friday, October 28, 2011

Things I Love

It's been awhile since I've last updated.  And a LOT of stuff has happened!  Shoot, it's already midterms, and I haven't even posted anything about college yet!  But I'll save you all the crazy details I guess.  If I said everything I've done, this will take years to read.  So here it is in a nutshell...

I love all my roommates SO MUCH!!!!  Only Christy moved out, and I miss her like crazy, but it's been fun having Mary in with us!  I've connected with my roommates tons more this semester than I ever have before!  So here's some things I love about them.

Kira:  You're my big sister, and I love ya!  You're the greatest example to me, and you have no idea how much I look up to you!  You're such a great source of strength to me!  I love that I can see you every day and talk to you about anything!  You're faith and testimony continue to pull me through, just like they always have.  You're one of the main reasons I am where I am today.  So thanks for being the best big sis ever!  I'm glad we'll be together for eternity!  (Sorry, but you're stuck with me!) 

Carlee:  Scary movies will never be the same without you.  I don't know if I'll be able to watch them without you!  They're just that more epic!  And I love all our crazy times and videos we do.  I've loved all our talks and all the times we're just crazy together.  We make spontaneous look spontaneous... if that even makes sense.  Anyway, I'm going to miss you SO much after you graduate, so you'd better continue to visit!

Kelsey:  Hey twin!  (No, literally, for anyone who doesn't know, she's exactly 1 hour and 13 minutes older than me.)  I'm lovin' our bonding moments and our talks and the random similarities we keep finding between us!  You know exactly when something is wrong and you're just the greatest at making someone feel better.  Even just seeing your face makes me just feel better!  I like our conversations that take place instead of homework... is that bad?  Maybe... IDK.  All I know is that you're super easy to talk to, and I'm glad I can talk to you about anything.  Let's stay friends/sisters, OK?  OK.

Caitlin:  Haha, I don't even know where to start!  You never cease to crack me up, especially after late night DQ runs.  And there's nothing better than to see your bright, happy, shiny face after me literally rolling out of bed and staggering into the bathroom with my eyes still closed at 6:45 in the morning.  It makes my days go even that much better!  I've loved our laughs and our crazy escapades we've had lately.  I'm feelin' the bond.  Are you?!

Mary:  I'm so glad you moved into our apartment!  I will never, ever hear the words, trippin' and strugglin' again without thinking of you.  I love how we find time to talk every day.  You truly are Mary Sunshine!  You totally bring the sunshine into our apartment, and I love it!  So don't ever change!  You're so beautiful, inside and out.

Something else I love are the totally random inspirations I receive.  This semester I've seen so many tiny miracles in my life.  I had one not even 5 hours ago!  I was trying to get a lesson ready for the kindergarten class I'm teaching tomorrow on the differences between wants and needs, and I had no idea how I was going to do it and make it a 20 minute lesson.  I sat down in the teacher's section of the library, looked over at a book on the bookshelf that said, "Early Childhood Special Ed teaching."  It made me really interested, since that's my major, but I was pressed for time, so I told myself to ignore the book and just concentrate on my lesson.  But something kept nagging at me to look at it, so I did, and the first thing I saw in there were the words, "Wants and needs."  Talk about a miracle!  But wait, it gets better.  It had a whole lesson plan and activity ideas right in there!  If there's one thing I've learned, it's to never ignore little promptings.  The make a huge difference!  I've seen little tender mercies literally every day!  You just have to pay attention!

No comments:

Post a Comment