Only 8 more days until I enter the MTC to serve my mission in Orlando. So I'm going to start updating my mission blog, which you can follow at sisterlakeshagood.blogspot.com. My mom will post all my emails to it.
Things I'm going to miss while I'm gone:
- My family! They're the greatest!
- My puppy, Bear
- All my many friends, especially those who will graduate and move on while I'm gone. Thank goodness for facebook to keep us together when I'm back!
- My guitar, affectionately named Abu (because it's a Jasmine brand. haha)
- My car, affectionately named DeeDee (because it's cute, spunky, and black, and I'm cute, spunky, and have a black name)
- My piano... not affectionately named anything... but I still love it! Maybe I'll come up with something good sometime.
- Some of my favorite music: Colbie Caillat, Michael Buble, Indie music, country music, most pop music, stuff like that. Pandora's my favorite! (random funny story: as soon as I typed "Pandora's my favorite" the Pandora station I was listening to froze. Haha. I guess it doesn't like me as much as I like it. The little rebel!)
- College! I really do love it!
- And on that note, just Rexburg in general. I never thought I'd say that, but I have SO many good memories of that place!
- Movies. 'nuff said.
- Normal person clothes. I'm a sucker for a good pair of jeans!
- Un-frizzy-ish hair, thanks for the dry Idaho air.
- Idaho for that matter. This has got to be one of the most beautiful states there is! I LOVE the mountains, rivers, forests, all that jazz.
- MAYBE the snow... at this point, I can't wait to get away from it, but who knows what I'll say when I'm in 90 degree weather with humidity. Haha
- Playing random games with my family. Like the one time we burst out into a rousing game of duck-duck-goose at the dinner table. :) And the many, many laughs we have together!
- (Get ready for the nerdy side of me...) My Rubik's cubes. My 3x3, 4x4, 5x5, sphere one, pyramid one, flat one, electronic one, my Disneyland one... yep, I'm a geek, and proud of it!
Even though I'm going to miss all these things, like I said, it's just "See ya later!" I'll get EVERY one of these things back in just 18 short months. That makes it much easier to part with them! But if I wasn't going on my mission, then I wouldn't get these things that I need/want.
Reasons I'm excited for my mission:
- FLORIDA! Tropical, sunny, warm, paradise
- Spiritual experiences, all day, every day
- I'm going to come back a MUCH better person than when I left.
- New cultural experiences. I've always wanted to experience life outside of Idaho.
- I get to bring peace and happiness to people's lives.
- I'll learn more about myself
- I might get to see an alligator! I've basically been obsessed with them for some reason ever since I got my call. Haha.
- Who wouldn't want to be on the Lord's good side? haha
- I'm going to be a Sister saving the world, one person at a time!
- I get to wear my Savior's name on my chest, every day.
- My testimony is going to grow so much stronger!
I don't even know what else amazing is going to happen to me on my mission. But I know one thing. Without it, I wouldn't end up the same person I will be. And I want that person! I can live without all the things I'm leaving behind. Like I said, I'll get them back in a year and a half! So bring on the mission!
This is LaKesha Good, signing off, and Sister Good signing on! So see ya later!