Monday, February 21, 2011

The Faces of Me... Literally

I LOVE musicals!  It all started my junior year of high school.  I finally built up the courage to try out for my school district's musical.  It had always crossed my mind to try out ever since 7th grade, but I never had the guts to do it.  Each year I grabbed an audition form then threw it out.  So I finally said, "Kesha, you'll never make it if you don't try."  After hours of practicing and memorizing a song for tryouts, I went in there and gave it my all.  And a week later, I found out that I made it into GREASE!!!  And even better, I landed a part!  I was Miss Lynch, the mean, old principal.  Pretty soon, that was all I had time for, but I loved every minute of it.  I practiced my lines over and over.  Even though I didn't have any solos for this play, I was also part of the chorus, so I also had to learn choreography and songs.  It was the most fun I've had in my life!  I had never acted before, so that was hard for me, but still fun.  Like I said, it's really fun to be mean, but I had the HARDEST time keeping a straight face the whole time.  :D  I just smile too much!  Haha.  So here's my Miss Lynch face.




You think that's old?  Just wait.  The next year was "Little Women the Musical."  And guess who I played?  Aunt March.  So yes, I was even older.  Much older actually.  I guess I just make a really good grumpy old person.  Who knew?!  :)  Little Women was a ton of fun!  The music is absolutely amazing!  If you've never heard it, look it up!  And I got to sing a song for that one too-- "Could You?"  It's pretty awesome if I do say so myself.  When I get around to it, I'll post it.  It's great fun.  :)

 This is me chewing out Jo right before my song.
 Me and a young looking Whipper-Snapper.  AKA Grandpa.
And then a close up just to scare you all.  :)  Every time I looked in the mirror I scared myself.   











So here are two of the faces of me.  You can see my regular face in the About Me section.  Now that I've done these, I really regret not trying out before.  This was the funnest part of high school!  So much fun, that I've returned again this year helping with "Guys and Dolls" as a rehearsal pianist and assistant for anything else that's needed.  And I hope I can continue acting!  Super fun!

1 comment:

  1. Don't let fear stop y ou, let it motivate you on to great adventures.

    ReplyDelete