Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Where is my life heading?

This is a question I've been asking myself for a couple of years.  I'm now a freshman at BYU-Idaho studying Early Childhood Special Ed.  I LOVE it!  I finally figured out what I needed to do with my life.  And it was a really tough decision.  It's not the most comforting feeling not knowing where my life's heading.  I said so many prayers trying to decide!  So how did I decide to do Special Ed?  It wasn't an easy decision.  In fact, it was something I DID NOT want to do.  I've tried for over 6 months to find a job so I could work over the summer before I went to school.  No luck.  Sure, there were places hiring, but the problem was, there were TONS of teenagers competing for the same jobs.  So it was pretty much impossible.  My Mom had been trying to get me to apply to some developmental agencies to work with the disabled.  I just never wanted to do it.  It didn't sound like the type of thing I wanted to do.  Well guess what?  I finally got a job!  And care to guess where?  Yep.  The one place I didn't want to be.  But i put a smile on my face and went to my first day of work, not knowing what to expect.  But ever since that first day, I had a weird feeling about what I was doing.  It just felt RIGHT!  And I began to love my job more and more!  I love the clients I work with, I love my coworkers, I love everything!  Then... *click*  The lightbulb turned on.  I knew what to study in college!  This is one of the best decisions I've ever made in my life so far!  Yeah, it will be hard, but so worth it.  I'm so thankful for the way the Lord works!  He knew what I needed to do, but I was too stubborn to find out.  So He threw me out there, and BAM!  The Lord works in mysterious ways, for which I'm so thankful!  I should have learned to listen to my mom first though.  It could have saved me a lot of headaches!  So listen to your parents!  They really do know what they're talking about!

No comments:

Post a Comment